Washington Needs Western Washington University
By 2018 70% of the jobs in Washington will require some postsecondary education – the second highest percentage nationally. 36% will require a bachelor’s degree or more, however:
• Washington ranks last in the nation in state funding per higher-ed student,
• Washington ranks 46th in participation in 4-year higher education.
Western can help our children gain the education needed to lead productive lives:
• Western made U.S. News' list of highly ranked and most efficient universities,
• Western's graduation rate is amongst the highest in the country,
• Western graduates are highly sought after in the job market.
Our elected officials need to understand and appreciate the value of Western.